Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New releases from Tuesday Tunes

From Music Memior

Do you preorder new music or do you wait and buy it at a store on its release day.
Usually buy it on release day. I'll pre-order Queen related (Brian May or Roger Taylor's stuff), or if it is a really obscure album that may not be carried and the only way I can get it is to special order it.

What's your most anticipated release this year?
I haven't been paying attention to what is coming out to really say. The Young Dubliners have an album coming out (tomorrow actually). Aside from a very few bands (Queen related, Al Yankovic, Rocket Scientists, Ayreon) I don't really get hyped about new music, if I get it six months later, I still have it and enjoy it.

Have you ever been so excited about a new release only to have it disappoint you? If so what was it?
The most recent Roger Clyne. His first three albums were fabulous. His fourth was only very good. :)

Have you ever expected the worst of a new release and then were pleasantly surprised when the album was better than expected?
Often. I go into music with low expectations so I am usually surprised by what I hear. :)

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

The Young Dubliners album Saints and Sinners is really good. :)

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah. I have been a fan of theirs since their first full length album.
Great stuff. :)