Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Music

Top 5 On Friday - Week 197 from the Music Memiors

Happy Halloween!

Top 5 Spooky Halloween Songs

My list ... well... I don't know how "spooky" it is, but it is definitely a Haloween list. And as I really like this kind of music, I'm going for a top 10. :)

10) Sympathy for the Devil (Guns and Roses).
A creepy song about the Devil. The cover has much more atmosphere than the original.

9) Nosferatu (Aztec Jade)
Another very atmospheric piece. About the classic movie vampire.

8)Ghost Riders in the Sky (take your pick)
A great classic ghost song of warning

7) Werewolves of London (Warren Zevon)
No list would be complete without this classic about Werewoves.

6) Thriller (Micheal Jackson)
The Evil of the Thriller. Great song, great video.

5)RE: Your Brains (Jonathon Coulton)
Satire on office culture, using Zombies as a metaphor. A great zombie song, whether you pay attention to the subtest or not.

4) Why can't I see you in my Mirror (Tonio K)
A song sung by a guy who is dating a vampire, but doesn't know it.

3)Phanotm of the Opera (Night Wish)
A Semi-metal cover of the classic ALW song. And the vocalists are both really good.

2) Zombie me (No More Kings)
Another Zombie song - but who can't love a song that includes the line: "Now I speak with all the eloquence of livestock"

1) Monster Mash (Bobby "Boris" Pickett)
This had to be the top - the quintessential Halloween Song.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Now you're just making the rest of us feel inadequate. :) Great pick on Ghost Riders, by the way. I'd go with the Johnny Cash version, followed by the one from the end of the movie by Spiderbait.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

The Zevon track rocks! It wouldn't be Halloween without it.