Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Meme

Top 5 from the Music Memiors

Top 5 "Perfect" albums (albums that you can play all the way through without skipping a track)


Okay, I'm limiting myself to actual albums - live albums, and greatest hits collections don't count. It's too cheesy to pick greatest hits albums for this kind of thing.

The #1 greatest album of all time has to top the list:
Queen - A Night at the Opera


The others in no particular order:
Rush - Moving Pictures


Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat


Big and Rich - Horse of a Different Color


And this one is not a greatest hits collection, but the greatest "Soundtrack" (i.e. collection of songs, not a score) for a movie. Double album, not a single bad song on the list - Sort of cheat of the above non collections thing, but this one is too good to pass up.
Heavy Metal


And just because they have to be mentioned the obligatory Beatles album - Revolver

5 comments:

Michael said...

Wow...Queen and Rush as your first two picks. I'd'a never guessed that. :)

I need to start getting some of the actual Beatles albums (instead of just Anthologies, Beatles 1, 1962-1966, etc.). The only real album I have of theirs is Sgt. Peppers.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Revolver would have been my number 2 Beatles pic. I'm a fan more of the pre Sgt Pepper stuff. I'm a pop music junkie

Polly said...

Revolver !! A Night at the Opera!! Teaser and the Firecat!!!

Your list FTW. :)

Lord Mhoram said...

And I'm more of a fan of the post Peppers psychedelic proto-progressive sound. :)

Natsthename said...

ALL GREAT, especially Queen and that Heavy Metal Soundtrack, which I wore out on cassette!!