Saturday, December 2, 2006

At it again / TV

I deleted my old blog quite a bit ago, but I decided to give it another try.... if nothing else to keep blogging with a couple of friends.

Based on a discussion over at dilliwag's site about TV shows I thought I would comment on some current TV.

First off:
Heroes - the best show currently on TV. Superpowers, geek in-references, good writing, great characters. It's one of those shows (like B5 and DS9 before) wherein I like every character good or bad.
Battlestar Galactica - Decent show, and likely on the bottom of my list. It started great, but I really didn't care for the end of second season - we'll see if third season pulls it back to be really good again.
Dead Zone - Based on the Stephen King novel, and done by the Pillars, who were behind DS9. Was my favorite current TV show up until Heroes came on the air.
Stargate SG-1 - I really enjoy the show, and the last couple of seasons have Ben Browder. Woohoo.
Stargate Atlantis - I've only seen season 1, but really enjoyed it. It has great potential.
Both the Stargates don't take themselves seriously; and that is a really good thing. One of the biggest problems with BSG is that it is just too unrelentenly bleak.
24 & The Shield - Great modern action adventure. One spy, one cop. The characters are great and fun to watch.
Monk - A modern version of Sherlock Holmes. Tony Shalhoub is amazing.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Welcome back! Don't forget to list Army of Dorkness as a link. I just posted to it earlier today...

dilliwag said...

Lord Mhoram returns! I love the color and layout.