Friday, December 15, 2006

Firday Memes Dec15 2006

The feast

Appetizer
What was your very first job with a paycheck?
I was 18 - working in the Chemistry Lab at University of Oregon.

Soup
Did you ever lose something really important to you?
Yeah. But I found a new one, even better, and then I married her.

Salad
What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
Toughie - for just plain niftyness I would have to say when my wife got me the Return to Forever CD Romantic Warrior. I hadn't even known it had been released on CD, and it is one of my top 10 albums. Similarly she got me Pink World another year.

Main Course
Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends when you were in high school.
The computer lab. Or the Library.
Yes we were geeks.

Dessert
Name something that always brings a smile to your face.
Seeing my wife smile.

And the Music

Top 5 musical mishaps (Things that you've done, or artists have done that are a big Whoops!)

Not sure what kind of Whoops we are talking about, so I'm just sorta winging it. Lots of opinion.

Billy Joel in Second Wind - he blows a line and then laughs about it. He was going to cut it out, but his wife insisted he keep it in, because the song was all about making mistakes.


Styx - Losing Tommy Shaw. - They are a better band now minus DeYoung then they were when DeYoung was there and Shaw was gone.

Beatles - Yoko Ono (need I say more).

Milli Vanilli - that whole lipsync thing. And instead of taking the Grammys away, why weren't they awarded to the people who actually sang the music.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - taking that particular plane.


Skipping the other half as I can't think of five new bands or Albums that I found this year - everything was stuff I already knew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny soup :) Your wife sounds like a great gal.