Monday, October 1, 2007

Tuesday tunes in a time machine

Word association for music - courtesy of the Music Memiors

autumn: Ronnie Talk to Russia by Prince
I knew someone named Autumn in high school, and she loved Prince. Controversy was an album she introduced me to - that song in particular. Whenever I hear the word Autumn I think of her, and if I think of her, I think of this song. I never called the season Autumn, I called it fall.
rain: I spoke as a Child - Todd Snider
There is a line in there about rain and clouds, but mostly it is melancholy about childhood, and I grew up on the coast of Oregon and rain and childhood goes together for me.
Halloween: Crystal by Mannheim Steamroller
The piece has the sound of wind blowing around some tones in an interesting melody. In a creative writing class we had to write a tone poem/prose using a song as inspirateion - I chose this, and listening to it made me think of a night walk trhough a graveyard - very Halloween.
cat: Black Cat - Janet Jackson
Obvious in word content.
help: Help - The Beatles
As Above.
road trip: Roll on Down the Highway - BTO
It's a road trip song.

drink:
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
That "Do the Dew, do not dew the dew" ad from a number of superbowls ago.
fire: Burning Down the House - Talking Heads
Obvious.

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Help ended up on the list, because I was watching the film while creating the meme :)

Great answers!

aaronsmusic said...

Great road trip song. Great list, too!

Natsthename said...

I love all of your choices!!!!