Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Word Association Valentines day style

From the Music Memiors

A special Valentine's Day word association since everyone likes them so much. As always, tell us the first song, album, artist, band that comes to mind when you see these 10 words.


Well mine are fairly bland – most of them are just songs with that word in the title, but hey it's what I thought of.

Hearts: Barracuda (Heart)
Flowers: Where have all the flowers gone (Kingston Trio)
Broken: Broken Lady (Larry Gatlin)
Wedding: When the World Falls Down (David Bowie) Yes there is a sory there*
Heartbreak: Don't You want me Baby (Human League) Tainted Love (Soft Cell) – Story there too **
Bitter: Jagged Little Pill (Allanis Morrisette)
Chocolate: Chocolate Rain (Zonday)
Candy: I want Candy (Bow Wow Wow)
Alcohol: Daddy Don't be Drunk this Christmas (John Denver)
Toy: Marvelous Toy (Chad Mitchell Trio)

* This was the song that was our first dance (just bride and groom) at our wedding reception. Labyrinth was our first date. :)

** When my first girlfriend dumped me (this was in 9th grade), I was devastated and heartbroken. When my mom picked me up to drive me home, I was in the back seat bawling my eyes out, and on the radio those two songs played back to back.

4 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh God, John Denver! That's a great pic.

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah. Given that is the first song that popped into my head with alcohol, you can see what my opinion of drinking is. :)

Michael said...

Wow, no matches this time! When does that ever happen?!

Great list, BTW.

theshriek said...

Where Have All the Flowers Gone--I wished I had thought of that one. BTW, it's not a boring list.