Friday, February 15, 2008

Tell 'em off

From the Music Memiors

Top 5 songs that "tell someone off" or you'd like to dedicate to someone you'd like to tell off.

Well, I don't really have anyone I want to tell off, I'll just go with Telling off songs.

5) I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from outer space
I just walked in to find you here
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be back to bother me

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now
'cause you're not welcome anymore


4) You're breaking my Heart - Harry Nilson
The first two line sum this one up nicely (language warning)
You're breakin' my heart
You're tearing it apart so fuck you


3) Death on Two Legs - Queen

A song dedicated by the band to a previous business manager:
You suck my blood like a leech
You break the law and you preach
Screw my brain till it hurts
You've taken all my money
And you want more

Death on two legs
You're tearing me apart
Death on two legs
You've never had a heart of your own
But now you can kiss my ass goodbye


2) Kiss off - Violent Femmes

A fun song of rebellion:
You can all just kiss off into the air
Behind my back I can see them stare
Theyll hurt me bad but I wont mind
Theyll hurt me bad they do it all the time


1) Animal - Pearl Jam
I don't think you can get much more insulting than this:
Id rather be...
Id rather be with...
Id rather be with an animal

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH! How could I have forgotten Harry?! GREAT song! XD

Polly
http://hippie-chick.livejournal.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent choices!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I will Survive! I keep seeing Frank The Pug from MIB singing it though!

Great pics!