Sunday, November 16, 2008

Obama Throwing his weight around

Obama made some comments on 60 minutes, and here is a presidential stand I can get behind. :)


From Here

President-elect Barack Obama pledges to throw his "weight around" to push for the creation of a college football playoff system on Sunday's night's 60 Minutes.

During Obama's interview with CBS's Steve Kroft (7 p.m. ET), he'll propose an eight-team playoff system to determine college football's national champion.

“Eight teams. That would be three rounds to determine a national champion. It would add three extra weeks to the season. You could trim back on the regular season. I don't know any serious fan of college football who has disagreed with me on this,” Obama tells Kroft. “So, I'm going to throw my weight around a little bit. I think it's the right thing to do.”

Obama adds a playoff system is the only fair way to decide the college football championship. “If you've got a bunch of teams who play throughout the season, and many of them have one loss or two losses, there's no clear decisive winner…We should be creating a playoff system,” he tells Kroft.


Some people are already whining that this is ignoring important stuff. Well so what. I don't know of a college sports fan that hasn't been unhappy about the bowl system. Here is a president (Elect) who listens to what the common man really feels is important.

It may be trivial, but to be honest, when was the last time that a president did something that may be trivial but was on the mind of much of the American people. So I never really thought I'd say this but "Go Obama!".

1 comment:

Michael said...

If I'd known about that before the election, I might have voted for him.

:)

Seriously, the BC$ stinks.