Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thoughts of the Nautical

More Word Association from the Music Memiors:

Ocean: Songs of the Ocean by Star One (a project group of Arjen Anthony Lucassen, the dude that is Ayreon)
River: River of Dreams by Billy Joel
Sea: Captain / Closer to Home by Grand Funk Railroad
Sailor: Son of a Son of a Sailor by Jimmy Buffett
Ship: Wooden Ships by CSNY
Wave: Katrina and the Waves
Sand: Sandrider by Star One (see Ocean above)
Sail: Sail Away by Styx
Navy: In the Navy by the Village people
Deep: Deep Purple

5 comments:

Natsthename said...

I simply must hear "I'm Your Captain" right away. I love that one, and I think Grand Funk is too often slagged.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I think a lot of us picked that Village People song! :)

Yeah for Styx!! :)

The Gal Herself said...

It's a cloudy, drizzly November day -- just the kind of day when I should listen to Buffett to lift my spirits! Thanks for reminder (thanks for visiting my list).

Anonymous said...

LOL -- I was thinking of Karina and the Waves but could only hear Walking on Sunshine spinning in my head blocking the name of the group. Thanks for the reminder. I must be getting old.

Michael said...

Hey, we both had a Billy Joel song! Pretty cool!