Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A 90's trip

The 90's

What bands from the 90's that have broken up do you miss?


Aztec Jade. They were a really good powermetal band, that broke up. Now the two main creative guys formed Ascension Theory, but it is much more Dream Theater-esque Prog Metal, and I don't like them near as much as the original band.

What was your favorite song from that decade?

Picking one is tough : Brian May - Too much love will kill you; Ayreon - Sail Away to Avalon; Rocket Scientists - Brutal Architecture are all in the running.

What was your favorite album?
That one is fairly easy - Rocket Scientists - Oblivion Days.

How did you feel about the whole "grunge" genre that popped up in the early 90's?

I loved it - I like hard rock, and it was a different kind of sound. I have complete discographies of Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Temple of the Dog (all one CD), and Soundgarden. It was such an overwhelming force that it changed the face of music - now a lot of bands I liked disappeared during the grunge years, but they came back. I think that is really shook up the music scene and that is a good thing every now and again. And later pop and rock bands that incorporate some elements really make for a nice touch of music.
Plus it lead to Todd Snider and "Talking Seattle Grunge Blues" :)

What was your favorite 1 hit wonder of that decade?
Tubthumping.

3 comments:

Natsthename said...

LOL. Both you and ANdrea picked that Tubthumping song. I liked it for the first 10 times I heard it, then it joined "The Macarena" as one of my most hated songs of the 90's! tee hee.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Yup I'm all about Tubthumping. In fact, its stuck in my head now :)

FeeFee said...

I had forgot about the Tubthumper song...although I do not know how!!!