Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday stuff

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of pie?

I generally don't care for pie, can I have cake instead? If I had to choose a pie it would be apple.

Soup
Name something that made you smile this week.

Does grinning outrageously count? -- Monday, pretty much the whole day; the wife and I spent it hitting CD shops and thrift shops and finished it by watching the Rush Concert.
Salad
What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?

Well, I live in a desert, so humid is rarely a problem. We keep 8 to 12 1.5 liter bottles of water in the fridge - I tend to down 4 of those a day. Lots of fans. Soaking a shirt in cold water then putting it back one.

Main Course
You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?

The upstairs room. Our house was originally two apartments, and we have what was the dining room/living room/ect upstairs, and it is huge. We have been working on cleaning it up, and then ripping out the carpet, clean the smell from the wood, and replace the flooring with tile or vinyl sheeting or something.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: My _________ says __________, but I __________.

horoscope / I will have a long trip today / don't believe in astrology.

Music Memiors


Top 5 artists you loved in college.
Talking Heads - This is when Stop Making Sense came out.
Petra - My first exposure to Christian Rock.
Gary Numan - now I listend to him before college, but there was this huge used/import record store near the University, so I got a lot of his stuff that I had not been able to find and listened to him a lot.
George Winston - Another discovery - love his stuff.
Twisted Sister - always a fan of Hair Metal, and they were the ones I really listened to at college.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Something told me Rush was gonna make it into this morning's post... :)

Anonymous said...

I love cake better too--great feast!!

Kris said...

I am glad you guys had fun at the Rush concert without me.