Friday, August 17, 2007

Good DVD day today

I just got my first check from my new job (not much - only 3 1/2 hours on it, but enough for so extra DVD stuff. :)

I was going to get Branagh's Hamlet, but the places I checked for it were out. *sigh*

Over the last few months, I have been hitting online DVD rentals, and getting disc one of different TV shows, to see what I might want to buy - ones I'd heard about, ones I saw as a kid and wanted to see if they were okay as an adult, that sort of thing.

So I decided to get Rockford Files season 1 today. I stopped at the first place, and they didn't have it. But while looking for it I saw Series One of Rosemary and Thyme - a detective show about a divorce ex policewoman and a botany professor. Felicity Kendel stars. It's an expensive show, but I found it used for about $24 - a fairly good price.

Then I get to the second place, and find Rockford season 1, but at full retail. I have enough to get it, but just barely (with the loyalty card that knocks 10% off). So I got up to the register and they were having a sale on TV DVD Box sets, and 10 bucks was knocked off the top. So I got season one new, for about $27. :)

All in all a very good DVD day - two box sets of TV shows I wanted, and both at very good prices.

No comments: