Sunday, June 22, 2008

10 songs to sum up the weekend.

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

I don't normally do this particular meme. Weekends aren't WEEKENDS to me. They are just Saturday and Sunday, another couple of days of the week - given I get half of Saturday off work, and most of Sunday off (4 hours plus of Church and Meetings). So finding songs that sum up an arbitrary two days just doesn't seem like something I do - Plus I generally don't do special music things to gear up or wind down from a weekend.

However I did have something special this weekend, and the list:

White Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
Sabotage - Beasty Boys
Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels
I Think I'm Paranoid - Garbage
Maps - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
La Grange - ZZ Top
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns 'n' Roses
Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Yes all these songs have 2 things in common:




And let me say that "Playing" White Cliffs of Diver was amazing.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh Cream! I haven't listened to them in ages!

Have a great week :) and thanks for playing :)