Monday, June 9, 2008

Tuesday Tunes, on time. :)

Remember tell us the first artist/song/album etc that comes to mind when you see the following words.

Note that I saw Return to Forever (my favorite Jazz band) last Wednesday (playing together for the first time in 25 years... yes it was awesome). This will bias my resutls.

jazz: Return to Forever
cool: Miles Davis
swing: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
club: 2 Am Paradise Cafe (Barry Manilow Ablum with Sarah Vaughn and Mel Torme among others)
street: On the Street Where you live
thank: Sly and the Family Stone (no idea why)
rose: Seal
party: Funkytown
sex: I'm a (Berlin Song)
water: Take me to the River (Talking Heads)

4 comments:

Polly said...

That we both thought of "On The Street Where You Live"! I love it.

Natsthename said...

We have some overlap...love that Berlin song and once I thought of it, I had to play it!

Anonymous said...

Great list! I hadn't heard the Talking Heads version of Take Me To The River! I had to YouTube it! :) Fantastic! :) *I'd only heard Annie Lennox!

Michael said...

Well, one and a half the same this time ('rose' and 'jazz'). Nice list.