Thursday, June 19, 2008

Top Five on Thursday night. :)

Top 5 On Friday - Week 180

Top 5 albums that you can't stop playing lately, and tell us why you love them!

I been finding music that I first ran into playing Rock Band, and have been enjoying.

Up first - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell.

Great solid straight ahead rock with a female vocalist. I really enjoy it.

Up Second - Garbage - Version 2.o

I never listened to Garbage before. Never heard them on the radio. So when I really liked their song in Rock Band I had to give this album a try. Again, really solid rock, female vocalist (I've been in the mood for rock females recently).

With the listening of female rockers I of course have been listening to:

This is just a classic. Not a single bad song on the album. Bitter and agry it really has strength of emotion.

My favorite beauty and the beast band recently has been Sirenia. Great Powermetal/Gothic sound. Beauty and the Beast is a type of music with a soaring female vocalist over a growly deathmetal vocalist.


And finally - with the concert not to long ago Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever is still getting a lot of airtime. One of the greatest Jazz albums of all time. Chick Corea, Al DiMeola, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White. Great Great stuff.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Mere words cannot begin to describe how jealous I am that you got to see RTF. That would have been SO cool!

Maybe the next time they come around, we'll get the wives to go, like we did with Rush last year. :)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I love the cover to that last one and the Garbage is one of my favorites by them as well :)

Polly said...

Yay for Garbage and Alanis!! Love. I have Alanis's new one on my list.

Natsthename said...

Oh MY, I LOVE, love that Return To Forever album and played it constantly in the 70's when I first got it. It's high time I listened again. And that Alanis is just her best!

Anonymous said...

Love Alanis and Garbage!! Will have to check out the others!! :)