Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tunage memes

From the Music Memoirs

Tuesday Tunes
Who is your favorite Beatle?
Paul. Lennon was too political (and Yoko is annoying). Ringo is bland, and George is # 2.

What is one of your favorite Beatle songs?
I've always loved Taxman. Revolver is my favorite album.

Best/Worst cover of a Beatles song

Worst- to many to name.
Best- Elenor Rigby by Godhead. It's an industrial cover, but the style and sound really work with the theme of isolation and loneliness in the song.

Best song by a Beatle after the breakup
I don't know any Ringo tunes, but I'll do one for each of them.
George - Devil's Radio. Song about Gossip, and I love it.
Paul - Silly love songs. A critics said "He just recorded another silly love song" and this song was the responce to that comment. Don't piss off the bard.
John - Watching the Wheels.

Top 5
Top 5 postal songs
(props if you don't use that obvious song done by a girl group in the 60s and that the Beatles covered as well as the Carpenters in your list)

I'm gonna sit right down and mail myself to Elvis. Paradoy song I heard on Dr Demento years ago.
Stealing People's Mail - Dead Kennedys.
The Check's in the Mail - Al Yankovic. Another funny one.
Another Postcard - Barenaked Ladies
Sealed with a Kiss - Paper Lace

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Just in time to do this week's Top 5!

The Gal Herself said...

Love your reason for choosing "Silly Love Songs." I've always love it for that very reason. It's the cheeriest, most upbeat -- and you got love it, best selling! -- "Screw You" ever recorded.