Sunday, June 1, 2008

Catching up on the Music Memes

From The Music Memiors

Going from most recent back....


Top 5 On Friday - Week 177

Top 5 songs about work or are work related:


Working Man - Rush
Working for the Weekend - Loverboy
Take This Job and Shove it - Johnny Paycheck
Working in a Coal Mine - Devo
Why Don't you Get a Job - Offspring


Tuesday Tunes: Week 34

Another word association week. Remember name the first song/artist/album etc that you think of when you see these 10 words.

Country: k d lang
Patriotic: Presidents of the United States of America
Summer: Hot Town, Summer in city - Nick Guilder
Heat: Heat Wave - Linda Rosnstadt
Fun: Barenaked Ladies (The band not nessisarily the concept)
Beach: Boys
Surf: Little Dead Surfer Girl - Marillion
Park: Peaches and Cream (don't ask me why)
Live: Live
South: Phil Harris Orcestra

Tuesday Tunes - Week 33

This week is word association week and it's all in colors! I'll give you a color and you tell me the first song/artist/album that comes to mind when you see it.

Pink: Pink
Purple: Donny Osmond, Prince
Blue: Elvis Presley (the album for the Moody Blues album was made on blue vinyl)
White: Queen (the cover of Night at the Opera is White with the logo)
Gold: Sold Gold Hits of the '70s (a K-tel record series that we had a number of when I was growing up)
Silver: Bob Seeger & the Silver Bullet Band
Green: Rock on - David Essex (it mentions Green Lantern)
Yellow: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
Red: Arcadia (the album is So Red as Rose)
Brown: Mr Brownstone - Guns and Roses

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

I chose "Working In A Coalmine" too, but I went with the original by Lee Dorsey.

The first time I ever saw k.d. lang was when she appeared on "Hee Haw" back in the 80s during her "cowpunk" phase. I could tell right away that she was something special.

It's funny... on Sunday afternoon I was watching a TV movie about The Osmonds that first aired a few years ago.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I never knew Devo covered that song! I bet that's a hoot!

Thanks for playing...It's always great to read your answers.