Friday, April 20, 2007

It's Friday

First off the Feast

Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of bread?

Wonder white classic sandwich.

Soup
When was the last time you bought a new pillow?

Years, probably about 4 years ago.

Salad
Approximately how many hours per week do you spend surfing the ‘net?

8 to 10. I spend about an hour a day hitting messageboards, news sites, blogs and such. I try not to do more than that. But it isn't all in one chunk.

Main Course
What’s the highest you remember your temperature being?

103 - I was a kid and had chickenpox.

Dessert
Fill in the blanks: When I ____________, I _____________.

When I get depressed, I pull into an emotional turtle shell.



And the Music Memiors


Top 5 album "killers." (you know, songs that ruined an album in one way or another)

I don't have many... so this is a tough one, and it's almost never about the quality of a song - I listened to full CDs, and took the good with the bad, and these days, I rip all my music to a hard drive, so if I had anything I didn't like I just don't pick it. :)
The best I can do... (and you will see a theme here)

Not Now John from The Final Cut - Pink Floyd. Loved the song when I heard it on the radio, bought the album, and the lyrics were different. The F word was there. So I never listened to it again, until I got online and could find the radio version. The copy of The Final Cut that I have has the obscured version on my hard drive.

The water from The Light by Spock's Beard. A concept song that is 20 minutes or so long that is the entire life of the character. In the middle there is the argument section, 2 minutes of "F you" (immediately followed by 2 minutes of "I'm Sorry"). I understand the concept, but again I don't want that language in the stuff I listened to - so I ripped the CD to the hard drive, pulled out my wave editor, and chopped that section from the song, and burned the altered CD.

Get your hands off my woman and Givin' Up on Permission to land by The Darkness. I love these guys but both those songs have the F word all over them. So I bought the CD at Wal-mart, so I am happy. :)

I can't think of any other songs that I felt the need to drop or change from any other album/CD I've had.

4 comments:

Bea said...

I gotta love your appetizer. This is the easiest answer I've read. Classic Wonder bread. Who would've thought! :-)

Anonymous said...

chicken pox, i hate! hope my kids would never get that...great feast...mine's ready!

jenny said...

I came for the feast and stayed for your comments on the music!
I also am just not going to bombard my ears with the F-word anymore. It ruins songs and movies for me, too.

I love that doughy white bread, too.

Good feast!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

You know the only Darkness song I know is that one single that was played over and over...