Saturday, April 28, 2007

Weekend memes a day and half behind

Music Memiors

Top 5 classic rock songs that are a classic annoyance to your ears.
I'll limit myself to one a band, but there are a few bands that I can just about leave.
1) Lying eyes - Eagles
2) Rock and Roll part 2* - Gary Glitter (I don't mind part 1 - it has lyrics)
3) Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin. Overplayed. Overhyped. Overdone.
4) Still haven't found what I'm looking for - U2 (this one was tough, I had to pick my least favorite of the annoying overplayed and overrespected U2 songs).
5) Sympathy for the Devil - Stones. I hate the stones.

* for those that don't know, that is the arena rock "Hey" song.

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
How fast can you type?

Last time I was tested about 40 words a minute

Soup
What is your favorite online game?

I don't play games online - I consider videogaming to be a single player thing. Given that I do enjoy flash games, and this is a really good one. Yeah, I love doom, and never have played a multiplayer game of it. I avoid MMORPGs - I would likely end up spending way too much time doing them and getting in trouble with the wife.. so I just say no.

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 as highest), how intelligent do you think you are?

9.5 or so. I scored genius on those standardised tests. And outside of my game group, and my wife, I don't know that many people who are as smart as I am.

Yeah, modest too. But you asked.

Main Course
Name three of your best teachers from your school years.

No First names, I don't want to impinge on anyone's privacy.

Mrs. Sheffield - my Junior and Senior high school english teacher. Wonderful person, and we kept in touch for years after I graduated. She gave me a copy of The Little Prince for a graduation present.

Mrs Bridwell. Jr high english, drama and journalism. The teacher that got me into Mensa. One of the few teacher in Jr high that I respected for raw intelligence.

Mr Halley - College Communications. Great teacher, and I really enjoyed his classes. He made me think and pushed me. We'd also known each other for years, as I dated his daughter in Jr High. :)

Dessert
What are your plans for this upcoming weekend?

Yardwork. Ick. That is why this is so late. Spent 3 hours on the yard. Ugg.

I hate yardwork. My father was a nut about landscaping, everything had to be perfect, and he made me do it - and he was an alcoholic, so when I made the teensiest tiniest mistake I got landed on hard*. Same with gardening. I still cannot garden to this day - I just don't like it.


* One time I actidently hit a sprinkler head with the mower. I didn't notice. When he did, he made me dig through the grass and find it. No we had a little 2 foot area between the garage and the fence that we dumped the grass. Years worth of grass. I had to dig through that in midday sun in june for hours (after having mowed the lawn) and I couldn't come in until I found it.
I ended up out of school for almost week due to heat stroke, and to this day I still react very very badly to heat, I have to drink a gallon and a half of water a day to stay hydrated. And that was only one incident.
I hate yardwork.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

It's wonderful to find someone else that hates the Stones. The only song that I even remotely like is Ruby Tuesday the rest are annoying.

And I think I agree with your whole list. (All things U2 annoy me as well these days)

Michael said...

Yeah, I'm not a big Stones fan either. Don't own anything by them, come to think of it.