Friday, April 6, 2007

The Memes (and hey, one of mine!)

Have to do the Music Memiors first. Last week, the Meme Mistress asked for ideas for future top 5s. This week, she used one of my suggestions. Woot!!

This week's Top 5 is brought to you by Lord Mhoram

Top five songs that are track # 5 on the album.

'39 - Track 5 from Queen's A Night at the Opera - a sad tale about a guy who goes off in search of a planet and relativsitic speed time slowdown means that only one year passes for him, while many pass on Earth. He comes home and sees the daughter of his love, and feels the loss of everyone he knew.

The Magician - Return to Forever's Romantic Warrior - one of the greatest fusion jazz albums, and this is one of the best tracks from it.

One Last Breath - Creed's Weathered - my Favorite Creed song. :)

Six Foot Town - Big and Rich's Horse of a different color - a song using being to tall in a place as a metaphor for living a livestyle that is reaching for more than what people expect, and try to shove back into size.

United - Judas Priest's British Steel - Just a great classic metal song.


Appetizer
When you travel, which mode of transportation do you prefer?

Car. Never taken a train or flown, and I hate the bus.

Soup
Have you ever met a blogging friend in person?

Yeah, but they were the ones who got me into it. If you mean someone I knew from blogging then met in real life no. Although one of my best e-friends came through Utah on her way to Wyoming and I met her. Which was cool.

Salad
When was the last time you were really, really tired?

A few weeks ago. Work was doing the "lots of work this week stuff" and I got hit with my occasional insomnia (I'm an early riser that way) - so too much work, and sleeps was short 2 or more hours for a week.

Main Course
If you could have dinner with any one fictional character from a book or movie, who would it be?

My namesake from The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant - Lord Mhoram. He is the wise, powerful, and charitible character from the series - sorta like Gandalf, but more caring I think sometimes.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: One day, I hope to see _______________.

World Peace.

Sorry had a Miss America moment there;
I would like to see my wife holding our first child; probably more than anything else.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... your dessert is sweet... both of them :)

Annie said...

I enjoyed your feast!
Easter Blessings~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a mix CD awhile back of all songs that were track 5s.

Natsthename said...

Great picks on the Top 5! I have not heard "Romantic Warrior" in ages and I should rectify that! LOVED that album!