Friday, September 7, 2007

Back at the memes

Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
Using only one word, how does grocery shopping make you feel?

Tired

Soup
What is your favorite part about the season of Autumn?

The Temperature. It isn't so hot anymore. I detest the heat of summer. If I never had to live with temps over 80 degrees again I'd be happy.

Pretty smart that I live in a desert huh?

Salad
Have you ever had any bad experiences online?

Surprisingly no.

Main Course
Name three things that make you happy daily.

The wife, my music, and out kitties. :)

Dessert
What one household cleansing or organizing item would you not want to be without?

Washer/Dryer. I could sweep without a vacuum, or shake out the rugs. I could dishes by hand, but I never want to set foot in a laundromat again.


And Music Memoirs
Top 5 albums with unusual titles

with the "top 5 albums with" I'm going for the best albums with unusual titles, I know some other unusual album titles where the album isn't so good (You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish from REO Speedwagon for instance).

Days of Future Past - Moody Blues
Great album, but the fist time I heard the name I though "What the?"

Dream of the Blue Turtles - Sting
That one in just for odd imagery.

Zoot Allures - Frank Zappa
I could have picked 5 from Zappa by himself, but this is my favorite of his. Honorable mention to "Ship arriving too late to save a drowning witch"

Son of Schmilsson - Harry Nilson
It makes more sense if you know that his last album was called "Nilson Schmilson"

My favorite Headache - Geddy Lee
He has a favorite headache?

8 comments:

jenny said...

I enjoyed your feast and the unusual album titles. I have the sting one only.

Anonymous said...

what wonderful answers this week. It was a pleasure dining with you.

Michael said...

Wow, I didn't think of a single one of those album titles, even though I own three of them.

I see our soup is fairly similar, too. This past summer was just too bloody hot.

Natsthename said...

Oh, the Harry one was a great pick! And I agree, you could go with 5 Zappa albums! I never heard of that Geddy Lee one, and what an ODD name for an album!

Lord Mhoram said...

Mike- I would supsect you don't have the Nilson or the Zappa. They are both great, I'll have to lend them to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Great list!

I forgot about the Nilsson "Schmilsson" trilogy. His follow-up to Son Of Schmilsson was quite quirky, too--A Little Touch Of Schmilsson In The Night...what the hell is Schmilsson?!? *LOL*

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Most of the Moodies albums have weird titles. Great choice though :)

moodymistress said...

You're right, the Moodies title doesn't make much sense, but I've always kind of liked it :)