Monday, September 3, 2007

Busy Weekend

Haven't posted much recently - days have been busy. The weekends are when I work my second job - doing 12 hour shifts every Friday, and full shifts on Saturday.

This week I filled in for the Gospel Doctrine (Sunday school) teacher at our Ward. First time in my life, taught a class of about 40 people. In attendance two previous Bishops, and members of the Stake High Council (who's day it was to visit our ward).. so no pressure. :) Then we had a no call no show at Blockbuster, and being the nice guy that I am worked an extra 5 hour shift after Church (don't like to work on Sundays, and will never be scheduled them, but I will fill in in emergencies.

So here it is the end of the weekend, and I've been able to just kick back and relax today - watching a bunch of movies.

Number 23 starring Jim Carrey is highly recommended. Joel Schumacher* directed in what I think as one of his best films - taut, gripping and intense. Great movie.

* When he is off his game he sucks (his two batman movies) but when he is on, he is great (Flatliners, Falling Down, Lost Boys).

No comments: