Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Some music musings

Now that I have come through my timecrunch, I am updating my sidebar with new stuff. It's overdue.

------

Looking over the obsession post really made me notice that I do have a wide range of musical tastes. Now I often do things to further that, or to show that on purpose, but everything I put in that last post was instinct, just what I thought of, and there is a nice wide range there. As related to me by a friend, a comment from Bobby McFerrin when he performed with the local symphony... "I like to think of each type of music I listen to as a room in your house. If you spend you life listening to one kind of music, it's like spending all your time in the bathroom." A sentiment I agree with wholeheartedly.


------
I wanted some comfort music today, and I put on the first album (and CD later) I ever purchased. A Night at the Opera by Queen, and really listened to it, which I haven't in a long time. Familiarity breeds contempt as they say, and I had forgotten just how good this album is.

No comments: