Friday, September 5, 2008

Back on Friday

From the Music Memoirs

Top 5 TV Theme Songs


Suicide is Painless The theme song from M*A*S*H. The instrumental version for the TV show was a bit more upbeat than the original, but it is the classic TV show theme for me.

Where My Heart Will Take Me The theme to Enterprise. I could have listed any ST main theme, but I only wanted one, and this one won. Just a tiny bit ahead of Beyond Antares.

Heaven and Hell Vangelis. It is the theme to Cosmos a science fact PBS miniseries from years ago. The show had great music all around, and this piece just takes me back to when I was a kid listening to Carl Sagan's voice, and learning science.

Hill Street Blues Had to have a Mike Post theme here somewhere... isn't that part of the deal? I always liked the sound and atmosphere to this one.

WKRP in Cincinnati - what's not to love:

Baby, if you've ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP.
Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.
I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati



Edit:
Throw out Hill Street Blues - I remembered another one I like better (well two). Barney Miller and Night Court - great jazzy with great bass on both.

7 comments:

Michael said...

I thought about M*A*S*H too, but had too many others to use. If I'd actually been watching the show recently, I may have included it. Good call on WKRP, Hill Street Blues (probably Mike Post's most recognizable theme) and Night Court, too.

pjazzypar said...

I forgot about Barney and Night Court, loved them both.

Malcolm said...

It's hard to settle on just 5 isn't it. I almost went with "Night Court" myself. We did match on one of the themes. I hope you can check me out so you can find out which one.

Natsthename said...

Yep, Mike Post is a MUST! And I loved the MASH theme, too. You picked excellent theme songs!

Polly said...

M*A*S*H was great. I remember doing the song in 12th grade chorus, "Suicide Is Painless".

Night Court! Forgot about that one, it was good too!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Ah WKRP!!! I'm really wishing Nick @ Nite played better shows now.

Great picks!

ShannonW said...

Excellent choices! I use to love WKRP and I still watch MASH.