Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Take me back - media typology

What musical formats do you remember (CD, Cassette, LP etc)?
Vinyl (45 and LP), 8 track (I had an 8-track recorder), cassette, DAT, CD, DVD Audio, MP3 (and other digital formats).

What was your favorite format 5 years ago? 10? What is it now?
Now - MP3
5 years - MP3 CD
10 years - CD
before that was Vinyl - I never bough a storebought cassette, I jumped from record to CD.

What was your first portable music player? What is your current portable music player?
My first was a little boombox with a cassette, then a walkman, then a portable CD player, then an MP3 cd player.
Now I have a Sansa 2 gig player with a MicroSD card slot (and working where I do I get those kinds of cards at cost, so a 2 GB micro only costs me about 15 bucks).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always made mixed tapes from my albums. Now I make mixed CDs. :-)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that remembers and had an 8-track player.