Friday, May 11, 2007

Top 5

Top 5 "Mom" songs (songs about mothers, or by mothers or that make you think of your mom..or you can take the "mom" theme and run with it)


1) One hundred and 10 in the shade - John Fogerty. I could go with just about any CCR/Fogerty, her favorite singer, but this one was my favorite of the album that she made a point of getting me to listen too.
2) Counterclockwise - Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. When Fogerty played here a number of years ago, mom bought tickets and we went. Roger Clyne opened, and became one of my favorite bands. I wasn't really into going to see Fogerty, but I did for mom. If I hadn't done this, I never would have discovered Clyne.
3) Had a Dream - Roger Hodgson. When I was a teen, I got this album, and mom loved it, so she got a copy.
4) Two out of three ain't bad - Meat Loaf. I was 10 when this came out. Mom bought it (on 8 track no less), and I fell in love with it.]
5) Heaven's on Fire - Kiss. I bought this album, and mom borrowed it. I was a teenager, and you parent's aren't supposed to like the music you buy to annoy them. Became something of running gag over the years.

Mom passed away a couple of years ago, after living with us for nearly 3 years. Nice walk down memory lane.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Great tunes and great memories.

Thanks for playing this week.