Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Take me back

Take me back tuesday - from the Music Memoirs


What is your favorite record/CD shop? Is it still in existence?
Toad Tape - and no. It was a record shop that didn't make the transition to CD. I had one birthday that I got 100 bucks (I think I was 13 or 14). I blew it all at Toad Tape, and I asked beforehand, and got a 10% discount (that I just bought a couple more records with). I ended up leaving with 20 albums. Woohoo.
The had a great selection in a wide range of music. That is why I loved them.

Currently I like Syn-Phonic Music he specializes in international progressive rock. Great stuff.

Do you still buy most of your CDs in stores or do you purchase music online?

Online. I get into progressive rock, and Euro power metal (Ayreon, Rhapsody ect). No one locally carries any of it, so I get it online.

What music store do you consider the world's best kept secret. (Meaning you can find anything there)?

Not anything, but anything in that genre - see Syn-Phonic Above

What was one "hidden treasure" you found while shopping for music?

When I found Jeff Wayne's War of the World, while I was attentending the University of Oregon. Eugene had (maybe even still has) a wonderful used record store. I found it there, in near mind condition. Still is one of my favorite albums to this day.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Have you seen the box set of War Of The Worlds that was released last year? I think it's UK only. John Lodge was actually to do Thunder Child. His version's on the box set. Wonderful.

Thanks for playing

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah. A friend of mine bought it the day it came out (another JWWotW freak). So I've heard everything and looked at the stuff. Really cool.