Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Madness

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how much do enjoy watching sports on television?
2 or so. I enjoy the Olympics, Tennis occasionally, and the occasional football game. But If I spend more than 6 hours a year watching sports it would be overload for me.

Soup
If you could completely memorize any one work of fiction, which one would you pick?
How about the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. My favorite fantasy books of all time.

Salad
What is your favorite breakfast food?
Cherry Pop tarts. :)

Main Course
Name something fun you can do for less than $10.00.
I can name something fun I can do for free: Roleplaying games. My wife and I both game, and once you have invested the money in the rulebook, you never have to spend money to game again. If buying the rulebook counts as the $10 it wouldn't qualify (but I was answering the question as if it were asked now, and we already have it) - then the Library - get books for free and enjoy the bookish atmosphere.

Dessert
How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?
That one is easy - I take medication for depression. This medicine puts me to sleep. I am asleep about half an hour after I take it. If I go strait to bed, I'll be asleep in 10 minutes.



Top 5 bands that make you wonder "where are they now"

With the internet it is pretty easy to find such things out, but bands lost from my youth that I am curios about (and not found easy answers to):

Rail - the guys that won the first basement tapes on MTV. Put out 3 albums and disappeared.
Axe - another early 80's band. Had one almost hit (Rock and Roll Party in the Streets).
Deanna Edwards - a female singer songwriter, never went national, and did albums of touchy feely music. She sang at the Convelescent Center/old folks home my mom worked at when I was a kid, and mom brought home 2 albums of hers. Great stuff.
Freddie Mercury - wouldn't knowing that one really give you clues to what is going on in the world that isn't ours. :)
Tony Carey/Planet P - I loved his stuff and the Planet P stuff, but never saw anything from him since the 80's.
Okay if the Freddie comment doesn't count here is a serious one.
Ebn-Ozn - new wave band in the early 80's had one hit, one album and disappeared.

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Actually I like the Freddie answer...I would also wonder where George Harrison, John Lennon, Jim Morrison etc are now.

sigh

Bonus points to you for creativity :)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love libraries! Great FF!

Anonymous said...

don't think I've had a cherry pop tart--yum. Great feast!