Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday strikes again

First the Feast:

Appetizer
Describe a toy you remember from your childhood.

The Monster Machine, or Monster creator or something like that. You had little molds you poured this plastic goop into, then fired up the machine and baked them. Then you pulled out the really hot molds, let them cool, and viola you have a little toy monster. The smell of a brand new shower curtain smells like they did.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how observant are you?

6 or 7. I tend to notice things.

Salad
Where would you rather be at this very moment?

Right where I am, but doing stuff besides work at my computer. :)

Main Course
When was the last time you learned something new?

Yesterday. I tend to hit Wikipedia, and look for new stuff on a daily basis.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have ____________ but I haven’t ____________.

Lots of books/read them all.

Then the Music:

Top 5 Nighttime songs (songs about evening or things related to the evening)


I love the Night - Chris Deburgh - Loving the very nature of what night brings.
"I love the night / I Love the night/ I love the element of danger and the ecstasy of flight"


In the Air Tonight - Phil & Genesis. - Anticipating something bad at night.
"You can feel it coming in the air tonight, hold on"

I love a Rainy night - Eddie Rabbit - Joy of rain and night.
"I love a rainy night, I love to hear the thunder/ watch the lightning when it lights up the sky"

Just get me through this night - Styx - Having the night drag while waiting for something.
"This could be the longest night in recorded history / and as for sleep you can just cross it off the list of possibilities"

You shook me all night long - AC/DC
- Well this one is pretty obvious, and pretty much related to night. :)
"She was a fast machine, she kept me warm and clean, she was the best damn woman I've ever seen"

6 comments:

jenny said...

I remember that toy! I also said I learned something yesterday. Lieke you nighttime songs.

Michael said...

Great music as always. And I vaguely remember the Monster maker thing, too. Ah, the smell of melting plastic!

Sandee said...

I think my son had the monster thing when he was a kid. I wan't sure until you got to the smell. Had to be the same thing. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

I love wikipedia--a great source!! Happy Friday.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I think that's the best Phil Collins song ever...and so creepy!

moodymistress said...

That Phil Collins song has always creeped me out too!