Friday, July 13, 2007

It's that Friday time again.

Appetizer
What is your favorite fruit?

Oranges.

Soup
Who is someone you consider as a great role model?

My Wife's father. I grew up in a very bad home, and the year or so the wife and I lived with her family taught me how a functioning healthy family works.

Salad
If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?

Anywhere with air conditioning. We don't have any, and the recent heat wave has been beating me up.

Main Course
Name something you do too often.

I spend way too much time on message boards. Been cutting back.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.

HERO system / it is the most versatile game system out there.


Top 5 Musical Collaborations (songs, albums) it can be a mixture of both.

2:00 AM Paradise Cafe - Barry Manilow. Mel Torme, Sarah Vaughn, Gerry Mulligan, and others. Great great album.
Under Pressure - Queen and Bowie. Just a fun little song.
Bird and Diz - Charlie Parker and Dizzie Gillespe + Curly Russel, Max Roach and Thelonius Monk.
Traveling Wilburys - an amazing collection of rock legends - Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan and Tom Petty. Wow.
The Highwaymen - same thing only country. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristopherson, Waylon Jennings. Wow again.

11 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm ashamed of myself for not using the Wilburys. :(

Mind you it was hard not to do 5 EC collaborations.

Anonymous said...

yes, I need my air conditioning too. Great feast!!

Michael said...

I would have used the Wilburys, too, but I figured since you already had it, I'd try someone else. Looks like pretty much everyone else had the Wilburys, too.

I was a little surprised not to see Shaw/Blades on your list.

And as for the Highwaymen, well, you're welcome. :)

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah. I thought of Shaw/Blades after I came up with the five I did. So I went with what I thought of. :)

dilliwag said...

I think we may need to take up a "mhoram needs an air conditioner" collection. That's a life essential, right? Even a small window unit that cools your favorite room would probably do the trick.

Anyway, I feel your pain. I lived in a small apartment for several years without AC.

Lord Mhoram said...

Thanks.

We have a portable swamp cooler, one on it's last legs, but if the heat gets too much, it'll help. Can't run it for a really long time, as it really raises the humidity.

BeccA's Buzz said...

No A/C? I'd melt for sure and not be a happy camper at all...
Come visit my feast too!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful choices for your songs!

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of country but I really like The Highwaymen! :)

Michael said...

I think the "mhoram needs an air conditioner collection is a great idea.

That's where we game, after all. :)

moodymistress said...

Great answers. I forgot the Wilburys and I have the CD sitting right next to me...