Friday, July 6, 2007

Top 5 albums

Music Memiors

Top 5 albums that are at least 20 years old. (There's a stipulation however...all 5 albums cannot be by the same artist/band)

A Night at the Opera - Queen (1975)
My favorite album of all time. Shows off the wide range of the band. Mellow, hard rock, and everything in between, and a number of experimental peices.

Moving Pictures - Rush (1971)
The album that got me hooked on the band. And the best known song is the worst on the album.

Bird and Diz - Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker (1950)
Also has , Max Roach, Curly Russel, Thelonius Monk. This album is made up of the single best players of their instruments in Jazz at the time.

2 AM paradise cafe - Barry Manilow (1984)
His best album, and it is a nice smokey jazzy piece. Mel Torme and Sarah Vaughn guest on the album.

Best of the Statler Brothers - Statler Brothers (1975) Okay so it's a hits album, it still fits the criteria. One of the best country albums of all time.




And a bonus 5 just because :)

Fresh Aire 3 - Mannheim Steamroller (1979)
Romantic Warrior -Return to Forever (1976)
Touch - Eurythmics (1983)
Defenders of the Faith - Judas Priest (1984)
Piece of Mind - Iron Maiden (1983)


And you know, all 10 of these will (or have) end up on the Lifetime music awards on my sidebar. :)

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I think I have that Statler Brothers album. I wish I could remember what song it was that I bought it for.

Michael said...

Great list...and inspirational. I kinda took your idea and ran with it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list you have there. I'm a Barry fan so I loved that you have him on your list as well :)

Happy weekend!