Monday, March 26, 2007

BSG

I came to a realization today, reading some rants about Modern SF on a gaming board I frequens.

The New Battlestar Galactica (which I do enjoy) is the equivelent of an Emo kid.

Brooding, Depressing, self damaging*, and daring you to call it bad because it is these things - it says these are good things, it's difference, what sets it apart from other of it's kind.

Like I said - Emo Kid.

Doesn't mean I won't buy the set. :)

* In two ways - the first is that none of the character are ever happy - they do self destructive things all the time - or kill off interesting and good characters. Billy, Kara!! (or Cylonize them).
The second is in quality - I know very very few people who think that the third season is anywhere near as good as second, and few who think second is as good as the first. I know of many that have just given up in third season.

No comments: