Friday, March 23, 2007

It's been a long time

Last night, I did something I haven't done in a long time. I GMed. Specifically GMed fantasy. I had a try at GMing fantasy a number of years ago, and it fell apart. It's been another 5 or so before that I successfully ran a fantasy game. It's been 5 or more years since I felt I successfully GMed anything.

So no pressure. :)

It was a short session, but I had planned for that on purpose. I plane to have shorter sessions than the recent Champs game - I tend to only have about 3 hours in me to GM... so I am going to try to keep it under that, until such time as I feel more confident about things.

Overall it went fairly well I think. Decent combat to get a feel for the characters, and trying out HERO points - which most players forgot about, but it is a new idea. I already saw some changes, and implemented them. I plan to do a lot of adjusting the first story arc, while everything gets into the place I want it to be, and getting it to a comfort level.

I have a number of possible adventures, plus whatever ideas the PCs have about things to do - if they seem to want to head in a particular direction, then I'll head that way.


It's good to be back in the saddle again. I just hope I don't blow it - given that the last three games I tried to run - they all failed within 10 sessions.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Just for the record, I had a great time. I look forward to many more adventures.