Monday, March 5, 2007

The Draft

Over at the HERO games board there is a cool little game going on. Each day you can add a character to your superteam. Max characters is 10. :)

I got my first three:

Cyclops
Green Lantern (Kyle - as written during the Morrison JLA)
Oracle

Samaritan
Samadahl Rey

So I am coming up with characters to draft, but I am trying to come up with characters I like, lesser known, that other people might not draft. So this is my list.

Samaritan - Got Him
Jakita Wagoner - Planetary
-Jessie Quick - Titans- Someone else drafted
Thunder - Outsiders (Black Lightnings daughter)
Sigil (Samadehl Rey) - Sigil from Crossgen Got him
Rose - Champions comics.
-Mantra - From Malibu.- Someone else got her.

So I have a good mix of Bricks (Samaritin, Jakita, Thunder) Energy Projectors (Cyclops, Sigil, , GL) two of which are also very versatile - GL and Sigil, A speedster, a telepath, and a couple of mystic types, and I think a pretty well rounded, powerful team - and one that has a solid gender mix.

And I have a pretty broad mix of sources- 4 DC, which is my favorite company, and 6 from 6 different sources.

As a note the other marvel characters I would have jumped on (Cap and Storm, were already taken)

Edit March 7th:
I'm still trying to not have too many from one universe, and I came up with a detective that has mystic connections - Witchblade.
So I need a full blown mystic and a telepath - and to keep gender balance I want females. We'll see who I can end up with.
Edit March 8th.
Got Witchblade. Based on other people having themes and origins I came up with one - an homage to any major "big event" crosscompany crossover. So to fit that, each of my other two memebers have to come from companies I haven't chosen from, so I am going for Rose (as mentioned), and Yrial (from the Ultravers title the Strangers).

2 comments:

Michael said...

Maybe it's good that you didn't get Cap:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070307/ap_on_en_ot/captain_america

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah, I heard abou that. Stupid Marvel. Just shows how low they can sink.

*sigh*