Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Pheonix reborn

I went into the computer shot today, and ordered my new computer, after getting the info from the tech about the details of my old machine. The Disk is shot - they should be able to get the files and such, but nothing for the op system. So I can look at old files, and import things (say with Thunderbird), but I can't open the stuff. About what I expected.

So the new machine, now named The Pheonix, was ordered today. This is the actual specs:

Case: It's black. :) It has 4 bays for HDs and Optical drives (which I will fill, see below). It also has 2 floppy bays, Also filled (also see below).
Motherboard: Lots of expansion slots, and both Sata and IDE controllers.
Microprocessor: 3200+ AMD AM2 64 bit. So I am getting a 64 bit processor. Cool.
Memory: 1 GB of DDR2 memory (one stick, so I can always buy another and stick it in).
Video Card: Georforce 7300GT 256M. Finally got a fairly decent 3-D card.
Drives:
Floppy
All-in-1 reader (in the other floppy bay)
80 GB hard drive (with Windows)
250 GB hard drive (gonna be partitioned)
160 GB hard drive (carried over from my old Computer)
DVD burner (carried over from my old Computer)

Other bits
I have an old USB card that goes along with the new computer that has some itself, so I will have a surfiet of USB ports.
I'm keeping an old modem (mostly for faxing)
Ethernet and sound on board (I don't need a fancy sound card, what comes is okay).

Woohoo!!

2 comments:

dilliwag said...

Nice rig!

Lord Mhoram said...

Yeah. I thought so.
I should be getting it tuesday. So I can see just how much better everything is.

Maybe I'll finally be able to run a saturn Emulator at speed.
My last 3-d card took it from 5 frames a second to 20 or so. With a boost of .6 Ghz MP and a much better three-D card (and memory going from 256 to 1 gig) I think it just might work. :)

I miss my radiant silvergun.