Friday, March 30, 2007

Escaping to the memes

Well, escaping from the bad luck I've been having (see the last two posts) here are the friday memes:

First Friday's Feast

Appetizer
What are you proud of?

Being a published writer; even if only in a small game companies house electronic magazine - the magazine is for sale, not free, and I did get paid for it. So I can say "I am a professional writer".

Soup
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

I am wracking my brian, and I honestly can't think of any prize I have ever won.

Salad
Name something you do that is a waste of time.

Surf Message Boards. :)

Main Course
In what year of your life did you change the most?

I was 24... That year I went to ACA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) which did a lot of good for me getting out of the habit patters set by having a drunk father. Same year I got diagnosed and medicated for Depression. Been on the meds ever since. Those two things really changed my life.

Dessert
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?

In the wife's embrace. During a hug or a cuddle, nothing can touch me.



Music Memoirs

Top 5 albums that you can't live without. (And tell us why you can't live without them)
Queen : A Night at the Opera - This was the first album I bought, and the first CD I bought when I jumped to CD. It is my single favorite album of all time, and the one that introduced me to my favorite band.
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers: ! Americano ! - a truly great album and the songs are all interesting, either fun, or tragic, or both. When I am in the mood for just plain strait ahead Americana rock this is the CD for me
Rush Moving Pictures - similar reasons to Night at the opera.
Rocket Scientists - Oblivion Days. Thier third album, and my favorite. One of the greatest Prog Rock albums of all time, and it tends towards the harder side.
k d lang - Shadowland - the greatest country album ever recorded.

3 comments:

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast. Congrats on being a published writer. My feast is up if you would like to join.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Ah yes, Queen. It's all good. I love Shadowland too.

Thanks for playing

Rob Carr said...

Hey, published is published! Great feast.

I wonder what my top 5 albums would be? Can I have a CD burned with my favorites from Dr. Demento? I'm being treated for depression, too, and so my favorite humor songs would be a good choice.