Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Concerts

Take Me Back Tuesday at the Music Memoirs

Are there any bands that you've seen live that didn't impress you, or that sounded better on CD?
The Eurythmics. Good concert but I though they were better on CD. But then I was way up high on the mountain and couldn't see the stage all that well.

Live albums? Love em or hate em? Why?
Hate Hate Hate. They don't have the technical proficiency of a studio album, they never capture whatever it is that makes live music good, and it has crowd noises. I hate crowd noises on CD.

Mtv started the "Unplugged" concept...do you have any favorites and what are your feelings on the "Unplugged" series.

Well, MTV and Tesla's Five Man Acoustical Jam Album. I think it is cool to hear the acoustic versions. No real favorites, I've only hear a couple, but I did like Clapton's.

What is your favorite live act?
Does none of the above count? I've only been to 7 concerts* in my life, so my choices are somewhat limited. I'm just not a huge fan of live music in general, I enjoy concerts as much for the event/experience as the music. Of all that I have seen, Roger Clyne was the best.


* Styx, Judas Priest, Ratt, Eurythmics (Howard Jones opened), Billy Joel, Meat Loaf (Cheap Trick opened), John Fogerty (Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers opened).

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm not a fan of live albums either, but as for me with the unpluggeds...I hated claptons