Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Take me back.... to the Beach

Take me back Tuesday at the Music Memiors - Today's theme is beach and summer. I will avoid any surf music, just because there will likely be way too much of that on other posts.


What's the best music to chill out to for a day at the beach or the pool?
I got for Prog rock, 'cuz you likely have on earphones, and can really listen to the music.

Do you have any favorite summer/beach themed songs?

Lazing on a Suday afternoon - Queen
Day at the Beach - Joe Satriani
Little Dead Surfer Girl - Marillion
Lavender Blue - Marillion (Kids and Sprinklers)
Cruel Summer - Go Gos
Summertime Girls - Y&T
Boys of Summer - Don Henly
Summer in the City - Nick Guilder
Summerlove from Grease
Summer Breeze - Seals and Crofts
Summer in the City - Lovin' Spoonful.

What's the best place to turn up the "Heat" for summer music in your area or somewhere you've vacationed? (ie concert venues, clubs what have you)
This one I can't really answer - I don't travel, never go to clubs, and have only been to 8 concerts in my life (about one every 2.5 years since I turned 18). Add to the fact that I hate the heat, and try and stay indoors, and air conditioned most of the summer (I consider it a bad day if I have to go outside for any length of time in June, July or Aug) this is one I just don't have the experience to answer.

What song best epitomizes a day at the beach for you.
Counterclockwise by Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers:

Well the gringo boys got their dark sunglasses
And the girls on the beach
are all shakin' their fingers
'Cause no matter how dark the lenses
They can see that the eyes
and the minds of the boys
are somewhere they ain't supposed to be

The breeze is blowin' me a new perfume
It's givin' my heart a little elbow room
And the kids are lightin' firecrackers
Boom! Boom! Boom!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Wow I've never flummoxed anyone before! That's a first for me.

Thanks for playing.