Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sinestro Corp

WARNING: Spoilers for Sinestro Corps special #1 ahead. You have been warned.





YOWSA.
This book has been getting critical acclaim. I finally got my copy, and I completely agree. Nice moments with all the GLS, Hal, Kyle, Guy, John and others. We have the Sinestro Corps assault OA. To kidnap Kyle Raynor.
Why do they want Kyle. Well you remember that Kyle was the keeper of the living flame of the Oans? Well Sinestro pulled Ion out of Kyle - and it looked like a big green worm/bug - sentient willpower.
Where else have we seen that visual motif? How about in Rebirth, with Parrallax.
Who shows up, and dives into Kyle. Who then becomes the new Parallax, similar costume to Hal's old one, and everything.
So Kyle fans are up in arms I'm sure - but as this was forced on Kyle, I expect it will be short term. And they symmetry is perfect. Now the Kyle fans know how we Hal fans felt. Personally I hope it is temporary - while I am a complete fan of Hal (Never read Kyle's GL, just couldn't get into it, but I have lots of classic GL before that), I like Kyle (mostly through what I saw in the Justice League). I don't want him a villain.
Then after they do that, we find that some beings escaped from the Guardians' Prison, and they Join the Sinestro Corps.
And, with this being on Qward, in the Anti-matter universe, guess who has been some of the power behind the Sinestro corps..... (and sorry for low quality on picture):







To which I respond HOLY CRAP. Crenshaw the Cyborg Superman, Earth Prime Superboy (one of the most physically powerful characters in the Multiverse) and Anti-Monitor.

The GL Corps is about to have it's hands full. Can't wait to see how it all falls out. I expect the ride will be glorious.

No comments: