Sunday, June 3, 2007

What I play

On a thread on RPGnet, I post the following - in answer to a question about what kind of characters I play. Now I have certain archtypes I tend towards, and others I use all the time, but I realized there is something stylistically similar to all of my favorite characters:

Personality type - I tend to play "The Seeker" a character out to improve his abilities, his knowledge, his understanding. I never play anyone who has found this, but is looking.

I mostly play fantasy or superheroes.

Martial Artists (Monks in Fantasy, or Kung Fu types in supers) - they seek inner peace, enlightenment, to be the best dang fighter on the planet; lots of different specifics, but they all focus on being a good hand to hand fighters, and have something they are looking for.

Mages are common for me in fantasy - Again self understanding, and usually trying to become, not the most powerful mage, but the one that truly understands magic and all it's various aspects.

Holy Warriors are really common for me in fantasy setting - seeking truth through prayer and faith, and holding the ground against the forces of entropy and evil.

Powered Armor are not uncommon - the scientists with the unquenchable thirst for knowledge, with the desire to make his armor even better than it is, to empirically find truth (rather than fact).

__________________

No comments: